This workshop gives an overview of the theory and key concepts of Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, an active, accelerated and evidence based form of psychodynamic treatment. The session will cover:
– History and development of ISTDP
– Evidence base for ISTDP
– Attachment theory and ISTDP
– the importance of core emotions related to attachment trauma
– unconscious anxiety pathways
– identifying maladaptive defences that interfere with therapeutic progress
Information will be provided about further opportunities for training in ISTDP
The seminar is suitable for registered professionals working in mental health and allied fields including psychologists, counsellors, psychotherapists, GPs and psychiatrists. Registered trainees in these fields are also eligible.
This is a reduced fee seminar and proceeds will be donated to The Sheldrick Wildlife Trust www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org
Please email [email protected] with any questions.